Tostones with Black Bean Salsa – Vegan, vegetarian, and Gluten Free - Plantains, pan fried to perfection are the perfect vehicle for the healthy black bean salsa. Perfect for your next party, meatless monday dinner, or Super Bowl party
- 2 Plantains, slightly green
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Bean Salsa (recipe follows)
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. In the meantime, peel and cut the plantains: cut the ends. Run a pairing knife through the length of the plantain, separate the skin and take out the plantain. Slice into 1 inch slices
- When the oil is hot, fry plantains slices over medium high heat, 5 minutes per side
- Remove from heat and set aside until they are cool enough to handle.
- Place plantain slices on a cutting board. With a heavy bottomed glass, press slightly on each slice.
- Cook the plantains again on the same frying pan a few minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve warm with bean salsa
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Kosher / Latin