This Tahini dressing has a spicy kick! It pairs perfectly with your favorite salads, grain bowls, burrito bowls, or roasted vegetables and it also tastes delicious as a dip for fresh vegetables or sourdough bread.
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp tahini ( see note 2)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 -1 tsp spicy green dragon sauce, or any other hot sauce (optional)
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together tahini and lemon juice ( the mix will thicken).
- Slowly whisk in water and salt, until well incorporated. Add vinegar, maple syrup, and green dragon sauce (if using) and mix well. (see note 2)
- Refrigerate until ready to use ( see note 1)
- The dressing can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. If the dressing thickens too much in the fridge, just add a little water to loosen it.
- If you are using the bottom of a jar of tahini where the tahini is thicker, it will be easier to use your blender or food processor to make the tahini dressing.
- Category: salad dressing
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 1.4
- Sodium: 120
- Fat: 6.4
- Saturated Fat: .9
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4.4
- Fiber: .6
- Protein: 2.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten-free, kosher,