- 1 cup sweetened coconut-almond milk (you can also use sweetened almond milk. Here we used Almond Breeze)
- 1 lemon peel[/url]
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Figs, red and yellow raspberries
- Combine milk, lemon peel and cinnamon stick in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes
- Add chia seeds and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Serve with your favorite fruit. We love this sauce with raspberries and figs!
Because we like our desserts on the not-too-sweet side, we didn’t add any sugar to the recipe other than what’s in the sweetened coconut-almond milk. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can add a tablespoon of agave or your favorite sweetener to the milk before simmering.