- 3 Japanese eggplants, diced ( about 4 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-15 oz cans of organic chickpeas
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- Cheese Croutons (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine all the spices together in a small bowl.
- Arrange diced eggplant on one of the lined baking sheets. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and about 1/4 of the spice mixture. Do the same with diced zucchini on the other lined baking sheet
- Bake both at 400F for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime. in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add drained chickpeas and the remaining spice mixture. Mix well so all the chickpeas get swell coated with the spices. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Before serving, combine vegetables and chickpeas on a platter, squeeze fresh lemon on top, sprinkle with fresh parsley and top with fried cheese croutons ( recipes follows)
YOU CAN MAKE THIS DISH AHEAD OF TIME, BUT FRY THE CROUTONS JUST BEFORE SERVING. CHEESE CAN BE ALSO BREADED AHEAD OF TIME AND STORE IN THE FRIDGE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE FRYING.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins