This roasted cauliflower recipe is unbelievably easy to cook and makes the perfect side or main course to any meal when you add some spiced chickpeas or spiced tofu.
- 1 large head of cauliflower ( purple, orange, or white)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac ( read the post above for some info about sumac)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Cut cauliflower in half and separate into bite-size florets
- Wash well, dry, and place in a bowl
- Add olive oil, salt, sumac, and oregano and mix well until all the florets are coated with the oil, spices.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until desired tenderness
- The cauliflower will become a dark purple, to get the bright purple color back squeeze the juice of a lemon, and the purple color will come back.
- Separate the florets into even bite-sized pieces so they can cook evenly
- Season cauliflower any way you like, you may choose your favorite spices or use some of our favorites such as Garam Masala, Shawarma, or simply with sumac, oregano and salt as we did in this recipe.
- Do not overcrowd the pan. You can also air fry the cauliflower, but we recommend that you Just follow the instructions on your air-fryer. We do recommend that you add the 2 tablespoons of oil for better results.
- If you use purple cauliflower, it turns dark purple. If you squeeze lemon on it, the bright purple comes back which gives the dish a beautiful tie-dye or multicolor effect.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days in a container with a tight lid. Just make sure you the cauliflower cool before closing the lid and placing it in the refrigerator.
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 4.4
- Sodium: 392
- Fat: 7.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.3
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12.3
- Fiber: 4.9
- Protein: 4.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten-free, sumac, roasting, air fryer, cauliflower, purple cauliflower, orange cauliflower,