Pastel de Nuez an old Sephardic family recipe. Delicious kosher for Cinnamon Walnut Passover Cake
- 1 cup of matza cake meal
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tbsp of Passover baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup kosher sweet wine
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Generously coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix cake meal, ground walnuts, baking powder and cinnamon. Set a side.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla at medium speed, until creamy pale yellow, 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly pour oil. Beat for another minute until well incorporated.
- Reduce speed and add wine. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat at low speed for another minute.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold egg whites into cake batter. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for about 30 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the sides. Place a serving plate on top of the pan, flip it over shaking it slightly. Remove the pan. When the cake has completely cooled, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Passover
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 78
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18.3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 77
Keywords: Passover cake, Sephardic cake