- 4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- Cooking Spray
- 4 cups of frozen spinach thawed (yields 2 cups cooked )
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven at 400F
- Grate the potatoes, add 1/2 tsp of salt, mix well and let them sit in a colander with a bowl under it for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté spinach in olive oil. Season with 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until most of the water had evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Squeeze as much water out of the grated potatoes as you can. Season with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp pepper. Add 4 tsp vegetable oil and mix well.
- Generously spray a 12 muffin tin pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange grated potatoes into each muffin cup, pressing against the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they start to brown slightly . Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs, add a pinch of salt and spinach and mix until well combined.
- Evenly spoon spinach in each potato nest.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until egg is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Carefully unmold each potato nest using a butter knife around the edges of the nest.
- Makes 12 potato nests
- ENJOY!! From May I Have That Recipe.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO USE YUKON GOLD POTATOES, TO GET THE BEST AND CRISPIEST NESTS.
THEY ARE THE BEST WHEN MADE AND EATEN FRESH, BUT IF YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM AHEAD RE-HEAT THEM IN A 350F OVEN FOR ABOUT 8 MINUTES.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American