- 2 cups of elbow pasta or Israeli couscous
- 2 large Spanish onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz cheese (cheddar, muenster, jack, soy, etc), diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15oz can of chick peas, drained (we use Eden Organic)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In the mean time, sauté the sliced onions on a large skillet with olive oil at medium heat until they start to brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta, cheese and chickpeas. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Toss all the ingredients together and keep over medium-low heat until the cheese starts to melt.
- Turn off heat and add chopped parsley.