- 4 cups UNSWEETENED almond milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 lemon rind
- 4 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat up almond milk, cinnamon stick and lemon rind together in a pot at medium heat until bubbles start to form on the sides.
- In the mean time, in medium bowl beat eggs yolks and sugar until pale yellow. Add corn starch and keep beating for another minute or so.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Remove cinnamon stick and lemon rind from milk. Slowly add about ½ cup of warm milk to the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the milk and stir until well incorporated.
- Return mixture to stove and cook at medium to low heat, until it thickens slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon (do not let it boil)
- Pour into ramekins, let it cool and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle each ramekin with sugar and caramelize using a torch or oven broiler.
- ENJOY! FROM May I have that recipe