For years we wanted to like spaghetti squash, but it always tasted watery and we would only eat it because of its low-calorie content. Until we made a life-changing discovery on how to cook spaghetti squash in the oven, where it becomes caramelized, tasty and finally enjoyable!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the stem end of the spaghetti squash(so you can have a flat base to stand it on) and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds
- Place both halves cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on the size of the squash) or until the edges are golden and caramelized.
- Let the spaghetti squash cool until it is safe to handle and using a fork scrape the strands.
See the post’s tips on how to cook spaghetti squash
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 2.8
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0