Get ready for a flavor explosion in your mouth! This high protein Mexican lasagna will keep you full and satisfied for hours. Gluten free and can be made vegan or vegetarian!
- 1–28 oz can tomato puree
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 large jalapeños, diced small
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagne
- 8 ounces shredded cheese of your choice (regular or vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat a 11 x 7 x 1.5″ baking dish with cooking spray
- Combine the tomato puree, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the corn, black beans and jalapeños.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce mixture at the bottom of the baking dish. Place 3 sheets of lasagna noodles on top, overlapping them slightly. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce mixture on top of the noodles, 1 cup black bean mixture and sprinkle 1/4 cheese cup cheese
- Repeat the process 2 more times, until you use 9 lasagna sheets (use as much sauce as you have left for the top layer). Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Uncover the baking dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5 minute (SEE NOTE)
- The lasagna can be prepared 1-2 days ahead and baked before serving
If you are not serving the lasagna immediately, bake for the last 5 minutes with the cheese right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 9.7
- Sodium: 776
- Fat: 14.4
- Saturated Fat: 7.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 11.2
- Protein: 24.2
- Cholesterol: 37