- 2 cups shelled fresh peas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 4–5 strips of meatless bacon, chopped (we use Lightlife Smart Bacon)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- Lemon pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large soup pot, bring salted water to a boil. Place the shelled peas on a steaming basket en gently drop it in the boiling water. Cook for about 2 minutes
- In the mean time, prepare a large bowl with iced water
- Remove the basket from boiling water and gently place it into the ice water bath. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then remove and drain the water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, add chopped onions and cook until translucent
- Add “bacon” and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add peas, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe