Adding Chianti wine and pears to fresh cranberries results in a bold-flavored cranberry chutney. A fun delicious twist on the classic Thanksgiving cranberry sauce. And you will never look back!
- 1 large bosc pear, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cups Chianti wine (or your favorite red wine)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lemon peel and cinnamon stick.
- Continue simmering for an additional 20-30 minutes until it thickens.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Kosher / American