Fudgy, decadent, rich, and absolutely perfect to end a romantic dinner or your Passover seder. This Flourless Chocolate Cake is sure to become a new favorite when your sweet tooth strikes!
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips (about 4 ounce or 115 gr)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil ( 100 ml)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (80 gr)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (14 gr)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (8 gr) , you may also use potato starch, tapioca starch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee mixed with 2 tbsp of water
- a pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup white sugar ( 100 gr)
- Heat oven to 350F and line a round cake pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl microwave chocolate chips with the oil in 20-second increments until melted. Mix the chocolate with a rubber spatula every 20 seconds
- Once the chocolate is melted add almond flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, espresso powder mixed with water, and a pinch of salt. Add egg yolks. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate clean bowl beat egg whites for 2 minutes on high speed add the sugar and continue beating until you obtain stiff peaks ( the egg white should stand on their own on the whisk attachment). Check the image on the post.
- Carefully fold the egg whites a little at a time into the chocolate batter in a slow circular motion.
- Slowly mix the batter until no white streaks remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the chocolate cake cool completely before enjoying it.
- Sprinkle some powder sugar and top with berries (optional)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 18.2
- Sodium: 37
- Fat: 18.9
- Saturated Fat: 11.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23.7
- Fiber: 1.9
- Protein: 5.8
- Cholesterol: 93.9
Keywords: passover, vegetarian, chocolate, tort, cake, flourless