- 6 Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 4 tbsp good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp whiskey (optional)
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks at medium-high speed 5-6 minutes, until pale yellow. Reduce speed, add chocolate-hazelnut spread and cocoa powder, and continue beating for another 3-4 minutes, adding whiskey at the last minute if using. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs whites with a pinch of salt at high speed until they form stiff peaks (make sure the beaters and bowl are completely clean and dry). This should take about 10 minutes, depending on your mixer.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture a few tablespoons at a time. Spoon into cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Top with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
The mousse requires refrigeration for 2-3 hours before consuming.