Our delicious Chocolate-Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Dough Balls are a portable, protein-packed energy cookie that will give you a boost when you’re on the go.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Empty the can of chickpeas into a colander. Rinse with water, and with the water running, rub the chickpeas with your fingers, so the skins start to loosen
- Drain the chickpeas really well. Remove and discard as many skins as possible and dry them using paper towels (this step will make a smoother chickpea cookie dough, but you can skip it if you'd like)
- Place the chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in the food processor and pulse 5-6 times. Add the oats and process until the ingredients come together to form a dough. Transfer it to a bowl, add the mini chocolate chips and mix well
- Working with approximately 2 teaspoons at a time, form 30 balls (we like using an ice cream scoop to make them easier and faster to roll).
- At this point, you can eat the cookie dough. To store the cookie dough, place them on the lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen you can place them in a freezer bag or a container.
- If you would like to coat the chickpea cookie dough in chocolate, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or over a double boiler. Place chocolate and coconut oil in a heat-proof glass bowl and microwave 20 seconds at a time until melted or place over a saucepan filled with hot water until melted. Spoon the melted chocolate over the frozen balls, place them on the baking sheet, return to the freezer, until ready to eat.
- Replace peanut butter with almond or cashew butter, and if you’re nut-free, try sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- For a less-sweet cookie dough ball, use cocoa nibs instead of mini chocolate chips.
- Drop 2-3 cookies into individual snack-size plastic bags, then fill a gallon-sized plastic bag with the grab-and-go packages.
- This post was originally published on February 6, 2018
- Category: Snack
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball without chocolate coating
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 4.5
- Sodium: 4.5
- Fat: 3.1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: kosher, dessert, energy ball, gluten-free,