There are so many uses for Cashew Cream you may not know where to start! We’ve got all of the information you need, from what it is to how to make it. Start soaking your cashews and try this delicious, versatile, vegan cream ASAP!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4-1/2 cup filtered or bottled water
- A Pinch of salt
- Place cashew in a medium-small bowl. Add water to fully cover the cashews
- Soak for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Alternatively, soak the cashew with boiling water for 30 minutes on the countertop
- Once the cashews are ready, drain and rinse them. Don't be alarmed if the soaking water looks a little grayish.
- Place soaked cashews in a high speed blender, regular blender or food processor with a 1/4 cup of water. Process until smooth, scrapping the side. Add more water as necessary to achieve the desired texture
- Make sure you use raw cashews, not roasted cashews
- Ideally use filtered or bottled water to soak the cashews
- If your are not using a high speed blender, be patient, you may have to process the cashews a little longer until you get a cream
- Using a regular blender or food processor will yield a less creamy cashew cream
- The longer you soak the cashews the creamier the cream will be.
- Add spices, sweeteners, herbs, or hot peppers to your liking to create different dips, spreads or sweet creams.
- Category: sauce
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: vegan
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: .4
- Sodium: 20
- Fat: 2.7
- Saturated Fat: .5
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: .3
- Protein: 1.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: kosher, parve, cashew sour cream, cashew creamer