Our caramelized fig and goat cheese pizza is creamy crunchy and fruity. It is garnished with fresh strawberries and a balsamic vinegar glaze. Truly sublime!
- 1–16oz whole wheat thin pizza crust
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 green or black mission figs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cups baby arugula
- 4 medium size strawberries, sliced in half
- ¼ cup crumbled goat’s cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drizzle olive oil on pizza crust. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes
- In the mean time, slice the figs into thirds and dip slices in brown sugar making sure they’re well coated.
- Arrange fig slices in a large hot non stick skillet. Cook the figs at medium heat for about 3 minutes, until they start to caramelize.
- Turn them over, add balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes. Set aside. (Note: Don’t skip the lemon! It will keep the sugar from crystallizing)
- Once the pizza crust is out of the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with baby arugula, caramelized figs, strawberries, feta and goat’s cheese. Season again with salt and pepper for extra flavor.
- Bake at 400F for about 7 minutes, until the cheeses melt and the arugula starts to wilt.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze ( recipe below)
- Enjoy! From May I have that recipe