Bourbon Pecan Cream Crescent Rolls - great for breakfast, dessert or snack. Vegan, dairy-free, no refined sugars, full of decadent goodness.
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp bourbon (or to taste)
- 2 tubes vegan crescent rolls (such as Trader Joe's brand or Immaculate Baking Co)
- Combine dates, pecans and cashews in a bowl. Add warm water (enough to cover) and let soak for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Discard the soaking water and transfer nuts and dates to a food processor. Add maple syrup, milk, vanilla and bourbon and pulse until creamy ( make sure to occasionally scrape the sides and bottom with a spatula )
- Unroll the dough and separate the precut triangles. Place about a tablespoon of filling towards the center and roll it to form a crescent roll
- Transfer to the lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Best if served warm!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins