Would you like to try a different vegetarian dish for your next Super Bowl party, get together, potluck dinner or meatless Monday? Give our Green Baked Falafel a try. You’ll love it. This green Baked Green Falafel recipe is guilt-free, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, kosher, super flavorful and easy to make. And… It is always fun to make recipes using a muffin tin.
- 1 cup raw dried chickpeas, soaked overnight. See Note 1
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/16 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven at 400F
- Generously spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil in the food processor
- Pulse a few times until all the ingredients are well combined, but not completely smooth
- Place mixture in a bowl, add olive oil and mix well
- Place the mixture in the fridge and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Using your hands, or a small ice cream scoop form small balls and place them in the mini muffin tin. The mixture will be a little loose. See Note 3.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes
- Serve with pita bread, pickles, tahini sauce and cucumber tomato salad
- IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED TO SOAK THE CHICKPEAS OVERNIGHT IN TWICE THEIR VOLUME OF WATER.
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FREEZE THE FALAFEL FREEZE ALREADY BAKED.
- The falafel mixture may be a little sticky, just slightly wet your hands and roll the falafel balls by transferring them from hand to hand or use a small ice cream scoop.
- Serving Size: 4 falafel balls
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 420
- Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 5.5
- Protein: 8.2
- Cholesterol: 0