Apricot Nut Passover Cookies and Perfect for Pesach Cookbook Review
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup potato starch
- 3 cups ground almonds
- Apricot Filling
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs together on high speed for approximately 5 minutes, until thick and foamy.
- Add sugar, oil, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined and creamy.
- Add potato starch and ground almonds; beat until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Place jam, lemon juice, and pecans into a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray to prevent dough from sticking. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball between your palms. Place ball onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use your thumb or the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon to form an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill each with apricot filling.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until the tops of the cookies are set.
Cookies can be made ahead and frozen. Freeze between layers of parchment paper so they don’t stick together.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Perfect for Pesach by Naomi Nachman Artscroll/Shaar Press / March 2017
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins