Amazing cheese-filled bourekas with delicious cheese and topped with tasty sesame seeds. Life is full of heartwarming moments. Whether we are part of them or we're just there to witness them, they happen more often than we think. All we have to do is open our eyes and pay attention.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- To prepare the dough, combine flour, butter, and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times until it resembles coarse cornmeal
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg and cold water. Pour into flour/butter mixture and pulse until it forms a dough.
- Lightly flatten the dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. Combine cheddar and feta cheeses with one beaten egg and salt. Mix well
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, about 1/8 inch thick. Using a glass or cookie cutter, cut out 3.5 inch rounds
- Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of filling in the center, fold it to create a half-moon, and seal the edges using your fingers or a fork
- Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.