Every summer when we were kids, our dad would bring home all kinds of delicious fresh fruits and veggies from his garden. By far, one of the greatest memories we have. Everything was always incredibly juicy and flavorful. From sweet tomatoes and cucumbers that made the best gazpacho, to figs to gigantic ( and I mean gigantic) watermelons.
Those were the absolute best. So sweet and refreshing, just perfect to beat the summer heat. We always ate watermelon by it self as a dessert or a snack. It wasn't until we grew up and moved away that we started combining it with other ingredients. Our Israeli brother in law Haim used to prepare an amazing watermelon and feta cheese salad that was absolutely delicious. The sweetness of the watermelon combined with the saltiness from the feta was just perfect!
When we discover the magnificent line of flavored cheese by Sincerely Brigitte, we knew they would be perfect to create our own version of his incredible salad. Just a little more elegant, served in individual portions and perfect as a refreshing appetizer for a dinner party.
Of all the incredible flavors Sincerely Brigitte offers, we used the garlic-basil cheese for this recipe, which compliments the sweetness of the watermelon and tanginess from the balsamic glaze perfectly. Creamy, assertive, super flavorful and as always, certified kosher, made with premium rBST-free milk sourced from only small Wisconsin dairy farms and using non-animal sourced microbial rennet and starters and all natural vegetarian ingredients.
Hope you enjoy it!Print
A refreshing perfect for summer appetizer at home, picnic or BBQ. The combination of watermelon and cheese is fantastic.
- Prepare the balsamic glaze and set aside to cool slightly
- Cut the watermelon in ½ inch thick slices. From each slice cut 3 rectangles as shown in the picture below. Cut cheese into thin slices (or to taste)
- To build your napoleon, place each watermelon rectangle on a plate, top with a slice of cheese, another watermelon rectangle, more cheese, and another watermelon piece.
- Top with mint and drizzle glaze right before serving
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegetarian