One of the things that makes the process of creating recipes so much fun, is that you can literally mess up many, many times, and still come up with something good. As long, of course, as you're creative and flexible enough to be willing to change gears!
Take this recipe as an example. Our initial idea was to create something completely different. We were going for like a lemon bar sort of thing, but we wanted to give it a twist by adding some strawberries.
Well, that didn't work out too well. Our filling turned out way too runny so we knew it would never work for a bar. It tasted so good though!
That's when the idea of a popsicle popped in our heads
Popsicles are probably one of the easiest treats to make. They can be creamy or "icy". They can be fruity or chocolaty. Either way, you don't have to worry too much about having to churn it, or scrape it or use an ice cream maker. Just mix, pour and freeze!
Since we were working with GO Veggie! Dairy Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative to create our strawberry bar, we thought it would give us the perfect texture for a creamy, fruity popsicle. A refreshing, satisfying and healthy cold treat,!
And because GO Veggie! Cream Cheese Alternative is vegan, free of dairy, gluten and cholesterol, and lower in saturated fat and calories than dairy cream cheese, it's the perfect option for anyone with dietary sensitivities or simply looking to improve their heart or overall health. What else you you ask for?
We dipped our popsicles in dark chocolate and covered them with chopped pistachios to give them some crunch and make them extra decadent. Hope you enjoy them!!
For more information or to learn where yo can find GO Veggie! products, click here
A refreshing and decadent treat, perfect for a hot summer day!
- 2-8oz containers of GOVeggie! Dairy Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Alternative
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped, shelled pistachios
- Combine cream cheese, frozen strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Pour mixture into a popsicle mold and freeze until set (3-4 hours)
- Once the popsicles are ready, melt the chocolate chips (you can do it in the microwave, at 20 second intervals, stirring often). Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a tray with wax or parchment paper. Dip each popsicle in chocolate half way, and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top. Carefully place then on the lined tray. Freeze until ready to serve
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are ours and we do not promote or endorse products we do not like or use.