- Ingredients (makes 1-11" x 1.5" tart)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 4 tbsp cold coconut oil
- 4 tbsp cold non hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 tbsp cold unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine flour, coconut oil, shortening and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times it has the consistency of coarse corm meal.
- Add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and keep pulsing until it forms a dough. (Note: if the crumbs don't come together in the food processor, but they do when you pinch them with your fingers, place them on a floured surface and knead with your hands until it forms a soft dough
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a round disk, big enough to fit a non-stck 11"x1.5" with removable bottom tart pan (approximately 13 inches).
- Roll dough over rolling pin and carefully unroll it onto the tart pan. Press it evenly with your fingers so the dough comes up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Carefully prick the bottom and sides with a fork several times to avoid air bubbles while baking (you can also use pie weights if you have them)
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Note: You can use store bought vegan pie crust instead of making