Topped with some of our favorite fall veggies, this Vegan Fall Veggie Pizza is a warm, cheesy and comforting way to welcome the season!
Nothing screams fall like warm, delicious, comfort food. And pizza is, without a doubt, the number one go to comfort food for a lot of people.
Now, despite its popularity (and deliciousness), pizza is best known for being unhealthy and calorie laden, and for having very little nutritional value. We think it’s time to change that! Because if you think about it, it doesn’t have to be!
If you look at it on a glass-half-full, positive perspective, pizza can be the perfect excuse to get your daily dose of veggies in your diet. Think about it. It’s the perfect vehicle, right??
People love to pile toppings on their pizza. Why not pile up veggies? And since fall is just starting we all love those warm, comforting fall flavors, we’ve topped ours with sweet delicata squash, meaty portabella mushrooms, hearty kale and bright, tart pomegranate seeds. To make it even better, we’ve doubled up on the cheese and we don’t even feel guilty about it.
You’ll find GO VEGGIE Vegan Mozzarella Shreds in the home made dough and Cheddar Shreds on top, for extra cheesy goodness. Because with 85% less saturated fat and double the calcium than regular cheese, and zero cholesterol or lactose, we ‘re allowed!
So you can have you pizza and eat it too 😉
No time to make your own dough? Not a problem! You can use store bought pizza dough and double up on the cheese on top to get all the flavor and cheesiness!
- For the dough:
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup GO VEGGIE Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- 4oz dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 delicata squash, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Portabella caps, sliced thick
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp dry rosemary
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 8oz GO VEGGIE Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 8oz kale, chopped ( about 10 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeded
- To prepare the dough, combine flour, Mozzarella Shreds, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add warm water and olive oil and knead with your hands for 2-3 minutes. Place the dough in a well oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let rise for 2 hours
- In the meantime, prepare the toppings. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the delicata squash slices in one layer, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and bake for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Set aside until ready to use
- Place the sliced Portabella caps in a large bowl. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil, rosemary and thyme and toss until the mushrooms are ell coated. Set aside until ready to use
- To prepare the pizza, preheat the oven to 400F. Divide the dough into two pieces
- Place one piece of dough on a large, well oiled piece of parchment paper and roll it into a thin circle (about 10-11 inches). Sprinkle half the Cheddar Shreds over the dough and top with half of the squash and Portabella slices. Repeat the process with the remaining piece of dough. Transfer the pizza into the oven and bake for 30 minutes
- While the pizza bakes, prepare the kale. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the kale, minced garlic, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes, tossing frequently
- Right before serving, place half of the kale on the center of each pizza and top with pomegranate seeds. Serve warm
This post is sponsored by GO VEGGIE. All opinions are ours. Please help us support the brands that support May I Have That Recipe!