Shakshouka – Eggs & Spicy Sauce
Kids. Husband. Work. House. Somehow, 24 hours in a day are never enough. I try to channel my inner super woman, but sometimes, she is nowhere to be found. I’m sure most of you know the feeling… way too well.
So on those days where my energy is playing hide and seek and time seems to be slipping through my fingers, I make this super fast, super easy recipe. Eggs, garlic, canned tomatoes. 20 minutes, done. Add a piece of baguette and your favorite salad, and in less than 30 minutes you have a balanced, delicious dinner no one will complain about. Just let someone else do the dishes…
- 8 eggs
- 5 cloves of garlic, whole
- 1 –28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil at medium heat in a large skillet
- Place garlic cloves, tilting the skillet slightly so they brown evenly, being careful not to burn them.
- REMOVE SKILLET FROM HEAT. Add crushed tomatoes.
- Return skillet to heat. Add salt, crushed red pepper flakes and eggs, one at a time, being careful not to break the yolks. Salt the eggs.
- Cover and let simmer at medium heat for 15 minutes until the eggs are cooked and the yolks are no longer runny.
- ENJOY!!! From May I have that recipe.