There are certain things in life that are absolutely, 100% irreplaceable:
Family (for better or for worse, it’s yours to keep)
Friends (the true kind)
Love (the true kind)
A good laugh AND a good cry cry ( let’s face it, we all need one every now and then)
A heart to heart conversation (with someone who truly cares)
A good run ( or anything that allows you to let your frustration out for that matter)
Chocolate (need i say more?)
… And Parmesan cheese
Yep. Parmesan cheese. It’s one of those things in this world that can’t be replicated. Any other cheese, absolutely. We’ve often talked about awesome dairy free cheese alternatives that can be found in the market… but nothing can truly capture the unique flavor, nuttiness and texture of Parmesan. There’s nothing like the real thing, period.
It can, however, be… “elevated” maybe? In other words, who says you can’t take something unique and awesome and make it even more awesome? How? Well, by turning it into a crunchy “transportation device”, that’s how!
Now just add a fresh and light topping (may we suggest this pepper and kiwi salsa?) and these crisps, like the Parmesan they’re made with, are also wholly unique and perfect on a warm, sunny day. Which, by the way, is also irreplaceable 😉
This super light and elegant appetizer is perfect for any occasion. Refreshing on a warm, sunny day and a beautiful way to treat Mom this Mother’s Day!
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow pepper, diced
- 3 Kiwis, diced
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (12 tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine diced peppers, kiwi, lime juice and salt in a bowl. Toss gently and refrigerate until ready to use
- Spoon grated Parmesan cheese, one tablespoon at a time, over a non stick skillet. Flatten it slightly and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Using a fork or a thin spatula, carefully turn it over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside
- Right before serving, spoon salsa over crisps