Today’s recipe is a delicious and slightly unexpected Wasabi Cheese and Avocado Sandwich, designed to please those who appreciate bold flavors and who love cheese. If you are uneasy about the idea of wasabi cheese, don’t be. Sincerely Brigitte has been our go to brand for dairy cheese for a while and can be trusted to create delicious flavor combination. We love their expansive variety of flavors and the high quality of the herbs and spices they infuse into their cheeses.
When Sincerely Brigitte recently released cheeses by the slice we naturally had to try them out, and what better way could we do that than to create a delicious sandwich? Sandwiches are quick, convenient, and portable perfect for summer picnics, pool dinners, to satisfy a hungry teenager and to spice up a work or school lunch. (…How bad is it to already be thinking about “back to school” time lunch packing?)
The individually sliced wasabi cheese is both creamy and spicy, so adding avocado was a no-brainer. Avocado is at its best when paired with an intense flavor, and this Wasabi Cheese is one of the best options we’ve found. We love the Sincerely Brigitte cheese blocks, but have been wowed by the total convenience of their new individual packaging. Offering their delicious blends by the slice will make our lives infinitely easier.
Overall, this sandwich is perfect for those who crave something bold and unique and when you need a little indulgence. The combination of Wasabi Cheese and avocado was exactly what we were looking for when we made this sandwich. The cheese itself is creamy, like the avocado, so those flavors mesh well without clashing and allow the flavor of the wasabi to pop. We added crunchy cucumber and juicy tomatoes to this sandwich to achieve the perfect bite. Check out Sincerely Brigitte’s other cheese offerings and start creating your own amazing sandwich combinations; share them with us, we would love to see what you come up with!
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp sriracha or green dragon hot sauce (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ seedless cucumber or any cucumber of your choice, sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 2 slices Sincerely Brigitte Wasabi Cheese
- 3 Slices whole wheat or multigrain sandwich bread
- Peel avocado and remove the pit. Mash it with a fork until creamy and add lemon juice, hot sauce and salt, mixing well
- Spread ¼ of the mashed avocado one of the slices of bread. Add a slice of cheese and 2 tomato slices
- Spread ¼ of mashed avocado on each side of another piece of bread and place it on top of the cheese and tomato
- Add another slice of cheese and some cucumber slices on top
- Spread the remaining mashed avocado on the last piece of bread and place it on top to complete the sandwich
This post was sponsored by Sincerely Brigitte. Please help support the brands that support May I Have That Recipe? All opinions are our own.