Enjoy all the health benefit of turmeric with this indulgent Golden Milk Ice Cream Float , topped with creamy cashew ice cream and drizzled with an oh-so-easy to make to make vegan tahini salted caramel caramel sauce.
Move over Chai Latte. There’s a new cool looking, good for you drink in town. It’s called Golden Milk, and if you haven’t heard of it yet, don’t feel bad. We recently learned about it ourselves! Chances are though, some big bucks coffee chain will soon turn it into a frap-something and add it to its menu before you know it…
The concept is just genius. Why we didn’t think of it sooner, I don’t know. Especially considering our semi obsession with turmeric!
This super flavorful spiced drink is not only delicious, but it has so many health benefits, you’ll think it has super powers! Turmeric, the main spice used in Golden Milk has been proven to improve inflammation, brain function, digestive and heart health, arthritis just to name a few. Not to mention its super antioxidant power! Black pepper is added to the drink to enhance the absorption of the turmeric. Ginger and cinnamon are added for flavor, but also as a nutritional boost.
You can find Golden Milk made in lots of different ways. With the warmer weather (hopefully) coming soon, we decided to prepare it iced and give it a fun spin by adding ice cream and a homemade sea salt tahini caramel sauce. We kept it dairy free by using coconut almond milk and our very favorite cashew milk ice cream by So Delicious. We made the super easy caramel sauce melting JJ’s Sweets Cocomels
We’re pretty sure you’ll love this drink as much as we do… And if like us, you’re a big turmeric lover, you’ll also enjoy these delicious recipes!
- Middle Eastern Turmeric Cake
- Tahini, Date & Turmeric Granola Bars
- Ginger, Pear & Turmeric Muffins
- Turmeric Coconut Quinoa Lentil Bowl
- Warm Turmeric Celery Salad
- 1½ cups sweetened coconut almond milk ( here we used So Delicious)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 scoops non dairy vanilla ice cream ( here we used So Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Cream)
- For the Tahini Salted Caramel Sauce
- 12 vegan sea salt caramels (here we used JJ's Sweets Cocomels )
- 2 tbsp coconut almond milk
- 2 tsp tahini
- ⅛ tsp sea salt (optional)
- To prepare the golden milk, combine coconut almond milk, maple syrup, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and over medium heat for about 10 minutes, whisking often. Turn off the stove and let it steep for another 10 minutes and chill until ready to use
- In the meantime, prepare the caramel sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes or until the caramels have melted and all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside until ready to use
- To assemble the float, strain the golden milk to get rid of any spices that didn't dissolve. Drizzle the sides of 2 glasses with caramel sauce. Add ice cubes and pour the golden milk over. Top with a scoop of ice cream and top with more caramel sauce