Tired of the same old boring frozen veggie burgers? Give this Falafel Veggie Burger With Avocado Tahini Cream a try! Easy to prepare and loaded with spices… and flavor!
Summer seems to be THE time for veggie burgers. For all of us non meat eaters, they’re pretty much our go to food on barbecues and summer gatherings. So, as far as we’re concerned, the more varieties we have, the better! That’s why every year we try to come up with a couple of different recipes.
Once again, we go back to our roots for this one!
Using the main falafel ingredients we love, we’ve created this hearty, super flavorful veggie burger that is also super easy to prepare. Everything goes in the food processor, pulse, and done! They’re ready to bake.
We used chickpeas and a whole bunch of spices as a base of course, fresh parsley, a touch of cornmeal for texture and Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo to hold it together (it’s a great alternative to plain eggs!), and add moisture and richness to the burger.
Here are some of the Coconut Oil Mayo highlights:
- It’s a wholesome source of MCT
- It’s Non-GMO Project verified
- It’s gluten free
- It’s soy & canola free
- It’s made with cage-free, organic eggs
- It’s made with clean ingredients and has great taste!
Coconut Oil Mayo is the 5th clean-label mayo in Chosen Foods’ condiment collection. Check out the rest HERE
It’s available at select Kroger stores locations as well as online at chosenfoods.com. Use Discount code: COCONUTBOGO for a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE offer! (one per customer)
- For the burger:
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods Coconut Oil Mayo
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 heaping tsp cumin
- 1 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1 heaping tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaping tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon hot paprika (or to taste, optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- For the avocado tahini cream:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce, sliced tomato, pickles, etc
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- To prepare the veggie burger, combine all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in the food processor. Pulse 10 to 15 times, until the chickpeas are mashes and the ingredients are well combined
- Working with ¼ cup mixture at a time, form 4 patties. Spread ½ tablespoon of olive oil on the parchment paper and arrange the burger on the baking sheet. Brush the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil on the burgers and bake for 42-45 minutes
- While the burgers cook, prepare the avocado tahini cream. Mash the avocado well in a bowl. Using a whisk, incorporate the tahini, lime juice and salt. Continue whisking until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Once the burgers are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheet (they are delicate, so do it gently!). Serve them warm with the avocado tahini cream, with or without a bun and your favorite fixings
- Let them cool slightly before removing them from the baking sheet
About Chosen Foods:
Chosen Foods is a San Diego based health food company that believes real food provides true nourishment for true. They specialize in healthy fats, plant based proteins and ancient superfoods and are committed to never using artificial flavors, preservatives or GMOs.