If there is one thing we’ve learned over the years and really enjoy doing, is what we call recipe “makeovers”: basically what that means is, we take a recipe and modify it to make it suitable for people with certain dietary restrictions. We make it vegan, or kosher, or dairy free, or we lightened it up… You get the idea.
That’s an area where we can really put our creativity to use and have lots of fun experimenting. Even when the results aren’t what we expected, we still get a laugh out of it. And that’s one of the greatest things about having a team mate in the kitchen: you can laugh and learn from your “failures” rather than getting upset and frustrated!
So here’s one of the easiest dessert makeovers you’ll probably ever find: a lighter version of the classic Italian Tiramisu. Not overly sweet, creamy (thank you greek yogurt!) and without raw eggs. With a hint of chocolate and, of course, a nice coffee presence. Presented in little shot glasses to make it elegant and perfect for entertaining… but also for portion control.
You know, just in case you’re already thinking about New Year’s resolutions
Vicky and Ruth
- Prep time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours refrigeration time
- Ingredients (makes 4):
- 2-3.5 oz cups Chobani Champion Vanilla Chocolate Chunk
- 2 tbs Chobani Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (or instant coffee crushed into a fine powder)
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso coffee (or strong brewed coffee)
- 8 soft lady fingers, cut in half
- 1/8 tsp unsweetened cocoa per serving
- Prepare 4 shot glasses
- In a medium bowl, mix Chobani Champion, 2% greek yogurt, cinnamon and espresso powder until well combined
- Dip one lady finger half in brewed coffee an place at the bottom of a shot glass
- Add yogurt mixture to reach half the cup. Dip another lady finger half in brewed coffee and place on top
- Top with more yogurt mixture
- Repeat the process with the remaining 3 shot glasses
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours and sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa right before serving